Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lofty Goal

So. I've decided that I will attempt to finish my novel. Today. I have about 20 pages left (maybe more), and that's a lot - especially considering that many important ends are being carefully tied together in those pages. Crucial chapters ahead.

I was going to relax, take this entire next week to finish the book, but then I remembered what's ahead of me this week -- more essays to grade (about 150, total, since last week), plus blood test results (for lupus - prayers appreciated). These life events will very likely distract me from finishing my book. So today, while the essays sit "on hold," and the test results are still unknown, I think I shall write. It's a lofty goal, finishing my book today, but I'm up for the challenge. I'll check back in tonight and let you know how I did! ;-)

6:01pm - UPDATE: I wrote 21 pages, nearly non-stop, in about 3 hours' time. The novel is FINISHED. Not perfect, not edited, but it's totally completed. Goal accomplished! :-)

Anybody else have a lofty goal that was important? And did you make your goal? I'd love to hear about it!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you LOTs of pages today, and good results on your test results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb! Your good thoughts worked! Much appreciated...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was privileged to read Traci's book and the final chapter tonight. I LOVE it. I think it is her best novel to date. Can't wait for an agent to fall in love with Traci's novels - as I have. WAY TO GO - TRACI !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I look back on those days of concern with the blood test results...and your determination to finish those pages, I see the makings of a true author deserving of publication. I once wrote an interview article for a kid's magazine, 900 words. An editor liked it for another magazine, asked me to cut back to 300 words and she'd take a look...but it had to be faxed in a day or so! Deadline. Did it...though it hurt to cut all those interview words....article published!

    ReplyDelete