Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Gold Mine

So, I'm doing a little series on the blog this week, where I post links to author interviews. I find them fascinating and helpful--seeing what published authors' techniques and tricks and tips are, as well as finding out their background (how long it took to get published, whether they wanted to give up, etc).

Well, today I found a gold mine -- a link to several interviews, all on one page, of my favorite women's fiction author, Rosamunde Pilcher. She's a Scottish author (now in her 80's, and sadly, retired) who wrote The Shell Seekers and Coming Home, as well as dozens of other novels. She, perhaps more than any other author, has influenced my writing the most. She writes what I call "comfort" fiction--one of those books you want to curl up with on a cold winter's night by a roaring fireside. She has an amazing gift for detailed, vivid descriptions that put the reader right there inside the scenes.

Her son, Robin Pilcher, now writes in that same vein (and his style is extremely similar to his mother's). What a legacy!

Here's the link I found - click here. Granted, some of these interviews highlight more of Ms. Pilcher's personal life and her background than specific writing tips (although there are a couple of interviews where she does talk specifically about the writing process). But, I find even those personal details quite fascinating. I love seeing where an author came from. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! Will check it out. I enjoy learning about how a writer's mind works :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Sell Gold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Sell Used Gold

    ReplyDelete