Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Anne Tyler Interviews

So, continuing this little series where I'm offering author interviews, I've found a couple of great ones from Anne Tyler. She publishes women's literary fiction. Although I don't usually read literary fiction (I admire it, but find it too dense and heady for pleasure reading), I adore Anne Tyler's fiction. She has the gift of taking ordinary, even bland situations, and breathing life into them by her brilliant writing, alone. I love the way she crafts a sentence, the way her mind works, the way she describes the human condition. I never just "read" her works -- I always end up studying them.

Interestingly, she's quite well known for not giving interviews, so these are rare gems:

Link 1 (source: USA Today)

Link 2 (source: WritersDigest.com)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment