Friday, October 15, 2010

Persevere!!!

Yesterday, on the board, I wrote down this quote for my Creative Writers:

‎Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Then today, by email (ironically), I found this terrific article in Chuck's Blog - 5 Articles on Perseverance

I can't say much right now (sorry to be so cryptic), but some good things are happening, with regard to my book and certain agents. Finally! (I can tell you more specifics next week...).

So, today, I want to encourage everyone reading to KEEP GOING. Never give up. If you want to get published, then do what it takes to get there. Learn, read, write, re-write, submit, accept rejection, KEEP GOING. Sure, it's no guarantee that if you do these things, even for years, that you will finally get published. But I can tell you this guarantee for sure - if you don't do these things, you have no chance of getting published.

On this Awesome Friday, I offer the Rocky Theme Song. Look at those billion steps in front of you, the ones that seem impossible to climb. Stare them down. Conquer them. And then, when you reach the top, do a glorious, gleeful, victorious dance!!

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you have some good news ( I can't wait to find out what it is, btw)and are sharing your perseverance mentality. This will help those of us stuck in querying and revising limbo!

    ReplyDelete