Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stepping Back...

So, I just got off the phone with my agent, and had a great conversation. We agreed to pause in the submission process (over the holidays, which is so wise - publishers get way too busy and distracted, from what I've read in articles/blogs). Also during that time, I'll make some more (minor) revisions to the novel. Then, in early January, my agent is planning to submit the book to about 5 publishers at once.

Sure, part of me is chomping at the bit, eager to submit it now, NOW, NOW! But, I totally agree with his judgment and think it's the most logical thing to do, stepping back, revising again, then submitting after the holidays.

Even though I felt the sting of disappointment yesterday (with the publisher's rejection), I'm feeling newly-energized with this plan of action. I know I'm capable of making those revisions (and I thankfully agree with them!), and I can't wait to have a nice (working) holiday, then start 2011 afresh (with an agent(!) -- still pinching myself on that!) with a plan to submit to publishers.

Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment