Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's a "No."

Darn it. I had prepared myself for the probability of rejection, but yes, it STINGS. Ugh.

My agent just sent me the actual rejection letter from the publisher - she was "charmed" by my book and said it was a "close decision" (drat!), but found a couple of storylines to be too thin. And, she wanted it to be racier. Hmm. This series is admittedly old-fashioned in tone, so I guess we just weren't on the same page.

Onward and upward! I'll keep y'all posted on things. The wait might be significant, though. That publisher had a 2-week exclusive, but now that we'll probably send the book out on multiple submission, it could take weeks or months. I'll need to hold my breath well through the holidays, at least.

But that's okay -- I'm in need of a BREAK!! Holidays, here I come! ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Well, rats! Hugs to you.

    I hope the perfect editor picks it up soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb! I'm semi-okay with it, just hoping that the right one is around the corner. I really believe in "timing," and I guess this just wasn't the right timing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn! Don't let it bother you; there is a perfect editor out there just waiting for your book to cross her desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Trisha! I really hope that's the case. I'm fighting the urge to feel sorry for myself right now. It's a challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer, but I guess that's what all those agent rejections are for. To thicken our skin. Sounds like it was close though. Don't give up. I've learned recently that even the impossible sometimes happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a good attitude. I always tell myself, it only takes one yes. Onwards and upwards! Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, y'all! I feel better today. Gonna blog about it in a sec...

    ReplyDelete