Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer Reading!

Since there's never enough time for pleasure reading during a semester, I'm always thrilled when a summer rolls around and allows me the luxury of time. Time to read!

So, I thought I'd share on the blog what I'm reading this summer.

I just finished a book called Juliet, by Anne Fortier (link here). It's an enjoyable read - an intriguing, suspenseful, unique plot, set mostly in Italy. A nice change of pace from what I'm used to...

Now, I'm reading Elin Hilderbrand's The Island. And so far, so GREAT! It's well-written and it's also a page-turner.

She's my go-to author for summer reads. She's got another book coming out in June, as a matter of fact (already pre-ordered!!).

I think summery-books are tricky, from an author perspective. They're meant to be "light" and "breezy" beach reading, but the writing quality should never be sacrificed. Which is why I really enjoy Hilderbrand's books. The quality of her writing is strong and the plots are interesting. And, somehow, she manages not to recycle old plots/characters. Every "beach read" of hers feels fresh and new. (I highly recommend The Blue Bistro - the first of hers I ever read).

So, what are you reading this summer? I'd love some recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment