Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ahh, FREEDOM

Well, I turned in my 1,300 (<--or thereabouts) grades yesterday and attended graduation in my cap and gown. Then I promptly slept 9 1/2 hours, lol. That's what grading for 2 weeks straight can do to a body, I guess.

So--Christmas Break is officially here! Which means something else for the writer in me. I get more time to WRITE! I have a month--in between the wrapping, baking, socializing, cleaning, Christmas-ing--to work on my book. And that thrills me to no end. I've missed it!

Isn't it interesting, how some people (non-writers, of course) would look at me and think I'm strange, for essentially using a break from work in order to....work?

But writing isn't work. Well, not the kind I dread or the kind that makes me cringe. It's the kind that fills me up with something no other job I've had does. I can't put my finger on it, really, why writing means so much to me, why I use precious breaks in my "real" job to toil on it.

Maybe it's better left a mystery. That makes it more fun. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment