Saturday, August 6, 2011

Traveling Through Books

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. ~Mason Cooley

So true. I've been sort of "stuck" at home this summer (good reason - raising an adorable Corgi puppy - click for larger size):














But staying home all this time has given me a bit of cabin fever. Especially when lots of my friends are taking grand vacations, to Alaska, to the northern states with cooler temps than the 110 the South is experiencing right now. *fans self*

Anyway, reading novels this summer has helped me travel in my mind! Mainly to Nantucket, where Elin Hilderbrand's books are based. It's been a lovely, soothing mental vacation that I look forward to taking, every time I crack open a book.

Don't you love how books take you places?? I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment