Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Paris, I Love You

Today in class, I talked about "beads" (here's an old entry about them). Then, I showed the students this short film, and asked them to find the beads (red coat, humming/dumplings).

The students seemed to love the film - one of them marveled at how rich, bittersweet, even humorous it was, all in the span of 5 minutes' time. I couldn't agree more. I love that I can show a class of young creative writers a film with subtitles, and they actually appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...now I want to check it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good, April! Out of the 17 short films (all 5 minutes each), there are about 8 that are OUTSTANDING, and the rest are good, too, but didn't hit me with the same impact. There's even a vampire short, with Elijah Wood! Also, Natalie Portman is in one of them. Most of the stories are PG-ish, just fyi...

    ReplyDelete