Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Writing Changes You

Just offering a fantastic quote today. Here's something to chew on...


Remember, if you sit at your desk for 15 or 20 years, every day, not ­counting weekends, it changes you. It just does. It may not improve your temper, but it fixes something else. It makes you more free. ~Anne Enright

I couldn't agree more. Writing gives me something that nothing else and no one else can give me. I can't put my finger on that "something" as easily as Ms. Enright does ("freedom") - mine is something less tangible, harder to describe. But whatever it is, I love it, and I will keep on writing because of it.

2 comments:

  1. I have to totally agree with the quote, unless you're sitting at your desk at work and doing something you hate, then you probably feel like you're chained there. But, writing definitely does make me more free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time I write it takes me outside of myself to another place. And it's one kind of 'work' you can do anytime, anyplace, with paper/pencil and your imagination. Wishing you many happy years of writing!

    ReplyDelete