Saturday, January 19, 2013

The "What If" Stage

For the first time in a long time, I'm getting back to writing.  I'm brainstorming a brand-new novel, and it's absolutely invigorating.  I'd forgotten how much I've missed it.

I'm at that fun "What If" stage, where anything in the characters' lives can  happen.  Where they live, who they are, what their backgrounds are, what they look like, etc.  So much fun.  Because there's all this potential out there, waiting to be discovered.

It's the stage where no ideas are permanently locked in.  Not yet.  It's that lovely and exciting Window of Exploration, where anything goes, anything is possible.

This might just be my favorite part of the process. 

1 comment:

  1. You've been working so hard on editing and publisher-shopping for a while now. I'm glad you are finally able to do something just for the sheer love of it!

    ReplyDelete