Saturday, April 28, 2012

Walden...game??

So, there's a new video game in development - Thoreau's Walden.

I'm torn about this -- one part of me is intrigued, after seeing the video promo (link here).  I love the soothing music, the idea of hearing/seeing quotes from Walden in a new way.  But the other part of me is a bit horrified at the notion of entering a "fake" nature that's computerized.  I mean, isn't that completely defeating the purpose of Walden?  Sitting indoors, in our pajamas with a joystick, staring at a screen?  And not experiencing actual nature with our own senses, for ourselves?

Heh.  Wonder what Thoreau would think.

2 comments:

  1. Something tells me Thoreau wouldn't improve. From what I've read about him, he doesn't strike me as someone who would run out to buy the gadget du jour. Since I'm not Thoreau, my inner nerd is very excited about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Amy - my thoughts, exactly. :-)

    ReplyDelete