Thursday, October 29, 2009

Award!


Hey! My first award in BloggerLand (thanks, Matt!).


Never done this before, but I'll do my best to follow the instructions:





The rules are:
1. Copy the Kreativ Blogger picture and post it on your page. (Okay, done).
2. Thank the person that gave the award to you and link back to their blog. (Done - link below...).
3. Write 7 things about you that we don't know. (Below...)
4. Choose 7 other bloggers that you would like to give the award to. (Here's the tricky part - I probably only read/follow about 3 other blogs because of time constraints, and a couple of those blogs are sort of personal-friend blogs (so, I'm not sure if they want me to link to them or not. I'll ask them, though...).
5. Link to the bloggers that you chose. (See #4)
6. Let your winners know that they have the lovely award! (Will do!)
So, here are those 7 random things about me:
1. I have a real weakness for donuts. I could eat 5 of them, easily, in one sitting.
2. I wish James Taylor would make a new original album. I loved October Road.
3. I'm an Anglo-phile and would probably live in England if I wouldn't miss my family and friends so much.
4. I get tired of speaking in front of people all morning (lecturing to students). It doesn't come naturally to me. Never has, never will.
5. I love the specific quiet hush that snow brings with it.
6. I know my love of Shakespeare came directly from my watching the 70's movie version of Romeo and Juliet. I was 13 years old and hadn't read the play yet, so I had no idea about the tragic ending. I got so absorbed in it that I think I might've even talked to the screen, to Romeo - "No - she's ALIVE. Don't kill yourself!" lol Alas, he didn't listen to me...
7. I wish people didn't feel the need to judge other people. We're all in the same boat, living this life. So why point fingers?
Here are the blogs I follow and want to give this award to (I'll add more soon, hopefully):
1. Matt from Pensive Sarcasm -- he's a fellow writer and his razor-sharp, witty writing is amazing. His blog always gives me a good laugh, plus something substantive to ponder. A great mix!
2. Gayle's Bard Blog -- see my #6 to see why I love this blog. She's a lover of Shakespeare, like me.
3. The Sweet Life of a Trophy Wife - hilarious, witty, sarcastic blog of a good friend of mine. She's also a great mother and an awesome writer. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on that well-earned award! Your list of 7 things about yourself was fun to read too.

    ReplyDelete